[Wolves] Linspire has killed my Ubuntu

MatthewRevell.3247378 at bloglines.com MatthewRevell.3247378 at bloglines.com
Thu Mar 24 13:07:39 GMT 2005

I'm reviewing Linspire 5.0, at the moment, for LugRadio.

I installed it
over my old Windows 98 partition, which sat alongside my Ubuntu partition.
Linspire installed its own boot manager, which included Ubuntu in its menu,
alongside Linspire. No probs, I thought.

Last night, I tried to boot Ubuntu
and was given a corrupted text mode screen, with the message, "Fatal error"
and something else I couldn't read, due to weird stuff on the screen.

Does
anyone know how I can get my beautiful Ubuntu back, without wiping the disk
and starting again?