[Wolves] Kubuntu Humble Pie

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Thu May 12 09:27:51 BST 2005

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 17:31, Kevanf1 wrote:

> Well after having a good look round I like it too.  Unfortunately
> there is a but..... tried to set up the modem...yep, no problem done
> it loads of times.  So, we get to the stage where I can dial
> out....and it does so.  Uh oh!  pppd died unexpectedly.  Check the log
> and it says the password is not being allowed an IP address.  What?
> Ok, go back, check both username and password.  Try again and still
> the same.  So maybe my ISP is having problems.  This is where it's
> useful having another PC even if it does M$ :-)  Dial in....works a
> treat.  No hesitation.

I gave it another go last night under VMware 5, it took 4 or 5 of attempts as
Kubuntu partitioner kept saying there was no hard drives also it doesn't like
it if you allocate all the space to the virtual drive.

Finally got it loaded about 8.00pm, Great! I've got Sound and Administrator
mode works! strangely it wont see the modem.

Debian & RHEL4 can see it so your a bit further along than I am.

I don't want to mess about with it too much as I think I might get to like it
too much but at least theres another plus mark for it in respect that it will
run under a virtual machine.

One final laugh, because it looks so slick I kept forgetting its based on
Debian so Pete spent 20 minutes trying to install vmware-tools couldn't
understand why it wouldn't work,

Why wouldn't it work? coz retard Pete was trying to do rpm -i
vmware-tools.xxxxx.rpm

Doh!

(Did it from the tarball instead)

--