[Wolves] Changing boot disks

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu May 12 22:43:53 BST 2005

On 5/12/05, Adam Sweet <drinky76 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Ok crisis over.
>
> Turns out that having installed grub to hdb and then
> editing the files to point everything at hda was
> enough after fixing the bits I'd forgotten to edit.
>
> I was thinking you have to do grub-install to write
> all of the new configuration to mbr liek you have to
> do with lilo. Not the case.
>
> Sorry all, was just getting stressed and in need of a
> quick answer as I have work to do tonight.
>
> Ad
>
> --
>
> http://www.drinky.org.uk
>
> http://blog.drinky.org.uk

In one respect it's heartening to know that the more knowledgable
members of this LUG also have moments of crisis :-))))  Glad you've
sorted it though in reality.

I'm happy too :-)  because I have sorted out dial up on my Kubuntu
disk together with sorting out logging in as root (I just can't be
doing with messing about as su as wrong as it may be).

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street