[Wolves] Hello - first post from me !

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 00:08:36 BST 2005

--- Tim Childe <tim.childe.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> <SMUG MODE>
<snip>
> So 5 minutes typing ATTRIB +H +S <filename> and all
> is now well !!!!
>  </SMUG MODE>

Delighted. Really pleased. It's unusual for it to be
this complicated, honest. I'm not sure what happened
to be honest but I'm guesing your partition table got
messed up or or something, I dunno.

My first Linux install hung on the partitioning stage
and it ate the whole disk. I lost everything I had,
but this was about 4 or 5 years ago. Really, things
like this are very rare.

>  BTW If the pdf reader and prnter driver in Ubuntu
> had been any good, I
> wouldn't have needed windows!

I use ggv (Gnome Ghost View) and I find it fine, less
cluttered than Acrobat. As for your printer, have a
look at http://www.linuxprinting.org/ to see if your
printer is supported.

> That's my next task, along with getting sound, and
> my Wacom to work properly

For sound look at http://www.alsa-project.org/ to see
if your card is supported. Graphics tablets I don't
know about, but I'm guessing google is your friend,
thats the common way of finding linux information.
Search google for the device name and the word Linux.

In fact by doing that very thing I found this:

http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/

>  Thanks for all the help.....

No problem, glad you got it sorted and your wife can
stop giving you an ear bashing.

Ad

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk