[Wolves] Why does Ubuntu want the CD to install portmap?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue May 17 17:09:30 BST 2005

On Tuesday 17 May 2005 16:51, Steve Parkes wrote:

> The only message I see on that advert is 'we can sell you some finance'
> Just like the 'no job? low credit rating? own your own home? then sell
> your soul to us' companies ;-)  I don't think they offer any guerentee
> that you can pass the exams or that they are easy just finance to get a
> bit of training and the exam fees.

Your right it just pi&£$s me off when all I see is get into IT everywhere I
mean if everyone is in IT where the hell am I gonna buy a Burger?

Heres another one that made my blood boil;

A friend of ours has just been laid off by a saddle making company in Walsall
so like the hard worker he is off he went and got and interview with Centro
Travel (Nothing to do with us by the way) when he gets to the interview the
girl looks at his CV and says "Oh you didn't work for Rover then?" "No why is
that a problem?" "Well we are under instruction to give preferential
treatment to ex Rover staff"

So heres a guy who wants to work but is penalised because he not a member of a
group of workers that the government need to get off the books fast.

I don't believe in 'any' positive discrimination my view is if you can do the
job you can have it.

--

Regards,
Peter Cannon.