[Wolves] Make Gnome Fast! [Was: What makes Gnome/KDE slow?]

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 10:48:15 BST 2005

On 5/20/05, kev adams <kev at magicmoon.co.uk> wrote:

> Unless someone is running a server (or for an important test?) why would they
> want to leave a system running overnight?  In these days when we know of the
> disastrous consequences of excessive carbon emissions I can't help thinking
> that that is awful advice.  Deliberately using a few hundred watts for
> several hours unecessarily is irresponsible.
>
> Or I could have missunderstood the post :~)

Some people do leave their PC's on full time.  Not all with power
saving either.  I was merely suggesting this as 'an important test' as
you term it.  To me it would seem to be important fi a significant
speed boost can be derived.  I'm not advocating leaving a PC on 24/7
forever simply to run this test to see if certain items get loaded
over time.  Things that you may not realise you use but are enough to
drain resources when Gnome is running.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer