[Wolves] was (no subject) I need help

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri May 20 13:58:56 BST 2005

On Friday 20 May 2005 13:32, chris procter wrote:

> Grub stage 2 loads the kernel based on the kernel you
> chose from the menu at boot time, which is defined in
> /boot/grub/menu.lst. If its not working I guess that
> maybe the kernel image file has been moved during the
> upgrade process so the entry in menu.lst is pointing
> to the wrong place.

I should point out Grub/booting was shagged before the upgrade I was hoping
the upgrade would fix it.

I think the menu.lst is OK (but I could be wrong) theres something else thats
corrupted and Grub cant read it but even stranger, its as if Yast cant write
to a file, folder or MBR (I'm not sure which) as I'm convinced Yast did
manage to write a new menu.lst this is because I had to fix my 3rd HDD which
changed the drive letters when I did a repair I could see that the entries in
menu.lst had changed.

> If its not that then try posting your menu.lst and
> we'll have a look.

I'll do that tonight at about 6.30pm -7.00pm

I'm tempted to try Mad Malc's suggestion but I've never done that before any
idea how you do it?

--<copy>--

> As to your non booting SUSE 9.2 Pro, I have wiped out SUSE pro's GRUB MBR
> many times and I cured everytime by booting from the SUSE install disc(s)
> and choosing system repair

Cheers

--

Regards,