[Wolves] Its Back

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri May 27 09:00:22 BST 2005

On Thursday 26 May 2005 18:10, Kevanf1 wrote:

> > Back to the stupid problem of the modem not working under XP I cant
> > remember what I did last time to fix this will have to have a play.
>
> What modem is it. Pete?

Its the same modem I've had for 4 years it works fine, I used it last night
under Suse XP likes it but it doesn't like the driver for some reason in
device manager everything is OK but if try to use it XP gives me a blue
screen of death and a reboot. :-(

Trying to get KMail working again it downloaded all the latest mail from Gmail
then decided it didn't like it anymore kept getting "smtp.gmail.com" unknown
host so now I have a semi copy of this mail sitting in the out box.

I know I can delete it but I'll leave it there so I can know when the send &
receive is working, I'll have another go tonight, theres never enough time
these days.

I like the smiley face images you get on the received mails under KDE 3.4

> Now, if I could only get this damned network of mine to work
> properly..... :-(((  One cable works fine but run a longer one (no,
> it's not too long only about 20 feet) and nothing.  I have so far
> replaced the whole length of cable and tried sockets on both ends.  I
> can only think that is my cable making skills that are at fault.

Yep its your crimping skills, sorry ;-)

--

Regards,
Peter Cannon.