[Wolves] linux fedora core 4

James Turner james at turnersoft.co.uk
Sat Nov 19 13:37:35 GMT 2005

On Friday 18 Nov 2005 21:43, Adam Sweet wrote:

> What we want is for this is to 'Aq-get install <DVD player software of
> choice>' (the --configure-to-work-properly switch is implicit and is
> therefore no longer required).

For those that don't know this command:

Aq-get provides a superset of the usual apt-get functionality (update,
upgrade, dist-upgrade, etc), with the addition of the (now implicit)
--configure-to-work-properly option which sends an e-mail inviting Aq round
for some free beer/free food/friendly chat. You then lock him in the room
with the computer and don't let him out until he's got the program working
for you.

The --via-wolveslug-mailing-list option (currently under development and
available in CVS version only) can be used to route a similar request via a
third-party mailing list server. Early beta-testing suggests that this
results in an even higher chance of successful installation than the older
direct method.

Regards,

James
(in slightly silly mood?)