[Wolves] how to shutdown kde in fedora/ubuntu (gnome based desktop)

Richard Barker rtbarker2004 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 12:13:56 GMT 2005

On 24/11/05, Bobby Singh <bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have KDE in Fedora.  But to shutdown i could only
> end session.  Initally i had gnome on my account.
> (this happened to me when i installed kubuntu when i
> had ubuntu even though my account is admin).  I have
> spent ages in the menus looking for that 'click' that
> would allow me to have full options has kde.
> I want to be able to 'reboot', 'shutdown' and 'end
> session' in kde mode.  How do i solve this?
>
> Cheers
>
> Bobby

Hi Bobby,

I think it's because as you used to run GNOME, you're using gdm as
your login manager instead of kdm.  I'm told that KDE has to be
running via kdm to have those functions.

Rich.

--
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It
takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage to move in the