[Wolves] Dell

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 10:38:52 BST 2005

On 13/10/05, David Goodwin <dg at clocksoft.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately to the average punter in the street, a PC runs MS Windows;
> if it doesn't it's probably a Mac (and they're no good because there's a
> high chance your existing software won't run on it, and you won't be
> able to easily find software to run on it....)

David.  The words "nail" and "head" come to mind with that statement.
It sums up Joe Public's idea of computing perfectly...

I tried to do my little bit to push Linux on Saturday.  A guy came to
my house to pick up some software that I was selling (something to run
on Microsoft).  I handed him an Ubuntu 5.04 set and explained that it
was free.... I didn't push it too much just a "try it", you just just
might like it :-)
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street