[Wolves] realplayer and bluetooth

Bobby Singh bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Oct 16 22:14:38 BST 2005

Hello,

I have installed Ubuntu 5.10 and installed Realplayer
manually using the dpkg which i always do.  (Always
used realplayer, mplayer  has sound delay and don't
always work with some saved archive streaming.)  I
went on this website;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ and 'watch and listen' for the
snooker (but sound comes ~3 seconds after ball being
struck with mplayer and takes ages).
With Ubuntu 5.04 realplayer worked fined so tryed the
symlinks through firefox through copy and paste.  It
did not work.  My reaplayer complains about some
'child' process and doe'nt work.  I can't uninstall
and re-start with dpkg.  How do i do this and start a
fresh.  Synaptic has reaplayer 8 with sym-links i
assume my reaplayer 10 don't show there.
I went on this site to see archives;
http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/space/spaceguide/skyatnight/anniversarymedia.shtml
Tryed to play it but mplayer downloads, but don't
play.  Is my mplayer configured wrong?

I have an LG phone and i plug it into ubuntu with USB.
 Using 'lusb' command it detects my LG phone.  What i
think is lacking is the software.  Tryed gnome and kde
bluetooth in synaptic but can't fing my USB and phone.
 I configure them direct to my USB folder but find
nothing.  So what is the best Bluetooth software that
people use that works 'out-of-box'.

Cheers

Bobby