[Wolves] Making signed key public

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 12:35:13 BST 2005

On Friday 21 October 2005 11:45, David Goodwin wrote:
> roundyz wrote:
> > Whenever most people's e-mails are signed they come up with a yellow
> > colour saying the validly of the key cannot be verified. This means my
> > messages are like that too on other peoples machines when they get my
> > signed mail.
> >
> > How do I make my key public so that people can verify it?
> > I was hoping to put it on my website with a link in my Sig.
> > Is it simple text file with the code in renamed to a .key file or am I
> > far from the mark?
>
> Peter had "training" on how to do / use gpg some time ago; if you're
> eager browse the archives of the list.

I don't know if I dare post again today  I can tell you what I do but it'll
only open the flood gates of "Thats not how you  do it"

I use kgpg create you're key using the amateur wizard you then need to export
that key to a key Server such as wwwkeys.pgp.net there are lots of key
servers and they all are supposed to update each other you don't put the key
on you're site as pgp programs search the keyservers for keys not peoples
sites.

Once you're key is up you need to configure you're mail client to use the key
on outgoing mails.

The colour coding you see is set by you, I'm assuming that if you see yellow
there must be some form of pgp program running on you're system if it is Kpgp
then open it, using the wizard import that persons key, if successful it will
be added to you're list of keys thats when you can change the colour coding
to say Green 'Ultimate Trust'

I hope that helps or we can run pgp down if you like :)

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing,