[Wolves] Ubuntu and KDE

Ade adrian.bradshaw at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 02:33:56 BST 2005

On 10/25/05, Bobby Singh <bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have ubuntu and created an experimental account for
> kde or kubuntu.  Did this using;
> 'System->Administration->Users and Groups'
> However i assumed when i downloaded kde its apps will
> stay in that account.  When i go back to my main
> Ubuntu/gnome acoount there are KDE apps from the other
> account.  This makes my main ubuntu/gnome account look
> bloated, which is against gnome way.
>
> So how do i keep the 2 accounts totally seperate and
> make sure when i install kde apps in my kde account
> they stay there and don't cross over to my main
> ubuntu/gnome account?
>
> Cheers
>
> Bobby

Auto package seeks to solve this issue, in that it asks if you want to
install to the user or the machine - only problem is that no-one is
really behind it yet and they really need to be.

The thing that you are asking for is not at all unreasonable - (the
ability to decide to install globally or just to one user)

All hail autopackge I say,

Ade