[Wolves] Ubuntu and MP3 support

Tom Jemmett tom.jemmett at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 23:05:19 BST 2005

Hi all,
I noticed that many of you lot use Ubuntu, and I have just got a
friend to try out linux, pointing him in the direction of Ubuntu.  He
has come to me complaining that he cannot play mp3's in the 5.04
release.  I realise that there are legal issues with using mp3's which
is why some distro's don't support it out of the box.  I currently use
Debian Etch, and IIRC, I had mp3 support from when I installed it.
Could you point me in the right direction in what to install?  Is it a
matter of installing something like mplayer and it working?  Thanks in
advance,
Tom