[Wolves] Ubuntu and MP3 support

Bobby Singh bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 28 12:23:51 BST 2005

Hello,

Then you should try Fedora.  Again may still have to
get the mp3 codec sorted.  But most things out-of-box
and you would not need to download everything and
configure stuff.
You could consider Mepis.  This is apt-get based.  It
provides everything like firefox plugins.  Excellent
for the newbie.  But when i had it i found it slow to
boot-up and a slow desktop.  Not sure about the latest
release though.  Looking at it now maybe ways out
there to speed it up.  Using Mepis would be a good
intro to apt-get stuff, like learning about
installation and repos.  Then could move to ubuntu and
realise what to do and understand about stuff not all
being provided.

Cheers

Bobby