[Wolves] Success?

chris procter chris-procter at talk21.com
Thu Sep 1 15:56:20 BST 2005

> > As it was my first wolveslug meet I cant compare
it to
> > the standard (meeting or resturant) but some
> thoughts.
>
> You said you had been before?

No, I went to lugradio live, and have met various
people in other places, I sometimes go to SBLUG and
went to OXLUG meetings once or twice, but that was my
first wolves one, only about 3 years after joining the
mailing list.

> People bitched about introductions so thats why I
> think it was dropped.

[snip]
(the talk)
> I think doing it after is best. Everyone has eaten
> and is then ready
> to stand up and wander around to talk to each other.

Both of these are debatable with advantages and
disadvantages on both sides I just thought I'd throw
some ideas in. Personnally I think introductions are a
good idea, if you already know most people they are
probably pretty pointless and they take up a lot of
time, but for a newbie it allows you to put faces to
email addresses and generally gives a friendlier
impression.

> > The table arrangements:
>
> This is a problem with any large number of people in
> a room. There is
> literally no way to arrange people so that everyone
> can tak to
> everyone. There are some other options and we can
> discuss this before
> the next meeting.

There was some discussion at the start yesterday about
what to do but no one (including me) could come up
with an "ideal" solution. We could try musical chairs
whenever "Winds Of Change" comes on.

> >(*grumble* wolverhampton *grumble* hour to
> > drive home *grumble* got lost *grumble*)
>
> Look at the name of the LUG. :D

What!? you mean this isn't "chris's living room lug"?
damn I must have wandered into the wrong place! I'll
get my coat.

>   Jono

chris