[Wolves] KDE VS GNOME = SNES vs MEGADRIVE

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Fri Sep 9 07:23:51 BST 2005

David Morley wrote:

> So here is the big question:

The SNES is obviously far better techically and has some excellent new
games but the Megadrive has some excellent arcade conversions and beat
em ups.  If you like blood and guts, Sega arcade conversions (think
Shinobi, excellent conversion), or American sports it's the megadrive
but if you want a game for all the family, something techinally new, or
Japanese it's got to be the SNES

it all depends on what you class as GNOME and what you class as KDE, the
desktop is tighter on GNOME (IMHO) but as you say KDE apps seem more
coherent.

I think it's because you might want to design a GTK or QT app
independent of a desktop environment but you are only going to include
all the KDE only crap if you are designing for KDE.  This is why more
apps considered a part of GNOME are cross plateform.

sparkes

--

The MS Core fonts went into a bar but the barman shouts "Get out, we
don't want your type in here!"