[Wolves] Just how many X updates can you get in one week?

Jono Bacon jonobacon at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 00:24:24 BST 2005

On 9/10/05, David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't say I have noticed any massive improvment in graphics since
> upgrading to breezy either.

You won't do. GTK now depends on Cairo, but the change was added at
the last minute and hence there are few Cairo applications, none of
which are prevalant in Breezy. You will certainly notice UI quality,
if not improvements in GNOME 2.14 in seven months time.

As for X updates, at this late stage in the development process you
often find that fixing a single bug, or a few bugs will trigger the
package with the bugfix and other dependent packages to be updated.
This is common later in the development process because full features
are not allowed any longer, and only bugfixes, thus triggering full
package updates.

  Jono