[Wolves] I've just been reading wlug blog exerpts

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 18 14:50:29 BST 2005

Stephen Parkes wrote:

> Kevanf1 wrote:
>

>> Would the Open University be more suitable, Sparkes?
>
> It costs too much money :-(
>
> I did look at it and it would be possible to jump right into the
> second and third year modules that count towards something but it's
> still about doing a load of boring modules that I could do in my sleep
> to score enough points to get them to let me do something interesting.
>
> What I really want is somewhere that will allow me to do the equivlent
> of a final year project and use that as the enterance requirements to
> a masters.
>
> sparkes

My wife did a 'conversion' M.Sc. Computing at Staffs. Uni. last year. It
basically covers a B.Sc. in 9 months for somebody from a different
discipline. There are several modules and an optional research project.
There would be some boredom but they compress it down into about 2
lectures on each topic.

Woo