[Wolves] Re: ade the bald

Ade adrian.bradshaw at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 21:49:51 BST 2005

Well I only normally watch the list arround the time that the meeting
is due, so I can my name but Ive had some time off this week which
means that I have been able to read a little more than normal

Anyway, it would help if I knew what the actual error said but if you
want to make sure that iptables doenst start then you can use
chkconfig

The following will list which runlevels iptables will start on

[root at localhost ~]# chkconfig --list iptables
iptables        0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

So this says that iptables will run at 2,3,4,5

You have a couple of options here, you can either stop it ever
starting at any run level

[root at localhost ~]# chkconfig --del iptables

or, specify which runlevels individually

[root at localhost ~]# chkconfig --add 45 iptables off
[root at localhost ~]# chkconfig --list iptables
iptables        0:off   1:off   2:on    3:on    4:off   5:off   6:off

Hope that helps Mr.

All the best, Bald