[Wolves] Sharpen Your Pencils

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 13:57:46 BST 2005

On 23/09/05, Peter Evans <zen8486 at zen.co.uk> wrote:
> A little while ago someone mentioned that there was a web site that 'named and
> shamed' those theoretically public service companies that produced web sites
> that didn't work with anything but IE.
>
> If someone could drop a line to the list to remind us what it was I'd
> appreciate it.  Meantime you could all do worse than to drop National Rail a
> note regarding their new web site - all pretty and re-designed, only now it
> won't work with either Firefox or Konqueror on my Linux box and doesn't want
> to play with Firefox on my XP machine either.  So being stuck I used IE and
> the page throws up syntax errors after every operation, but does admittedly
> return the results (hurrah?).
>
> I  can't check Opera or any Mac browsers, so there's something for someone
> else to try, if they've a mind to.
>
> Perhaps if we all drop them a friendly note they might just do something about
> it.  The irony is their old site worked just fine!
> --
> Regards,
>
> Pete Evans

Whilst, perversly, my personal webpage works in anything but IE
:-)))))  though, that's no deliberate it's purely down to a html
coding error on my part.  I know exactly what it is but I just can't
be ar*sed to put it right in a hurry.  Well, it works in Firefox...

Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street
Cheslyn Hay