[Wolves] Re: Ubuntu...

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 23:28:40 BST 2005

On 9/23/05, baza <baza at themauvezone.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 18:00 +0100, Kevanf1 wrote:
> > I have just got Ubuntu Hoary running on an old, old PC.  333mhz Cyrix
> > chip with only 64mb of RAM.  Add to that it's the live CD so that
> > ain't bad.  Now to see if I can upgrade it a bit so that a proper
> > install will not take 10 minutes to boot :-))))  I know, the live CD
> > will take for ever, I have thought of that :-) I will sort out a small
> > HDD for the PC.
> > --

> I've already gone up to 5.10, Breezy, on everything other than my
> server. Works a treat on my laptop.
>
> Baza

This was really only a test to see if the PC actually worked :-)  It
hasn't been used for years so I stripped and cleaned it all the other
week while I was watching the cricket.  The Ubuntu live CD was the
first one I came across.  I could have used ELE which is much, much
smaller than Ubuntu.  I think I might give Gentoo a try on it.  That
way I make the most of the relatively poor performance I would
otherwise get :-)  Plus, I've been wanting to try sorting Gentoo for
some time and this is the only PC I can leave running all night while
everything compiles.
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street