[Wolves] help with apache and smoothwall

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 21:02:41 BST 2005

--- David Morley <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I have 1 of 2 (because there's always 2)
> problems
>
> 1) on my local box apache2/php/and mysql I can
> http://localhost/testphp.php and it's running same
> if I use any pc on
> my network via
> http://ipaddress.of.local.server/testphp.php.
> 2) can't seem to get it via my smoothwall box ie
> http://82.36.245.248/testphp.php ?!? grrrrrrrrrrr

I can see it.

> when I look at my smoothwall set up it says
> webserver running,  I can
> ping it's red zone ip address and it responds.  I
> have set up incoming
> access for http and port forwarding to the ip
> address of the apache
> localbox.  So why can I not view it?

I had a similar problem with accessing an internal
webserver using an external address through a
smoothwall and I never figured it out. If I went to
192.168.0.2 or whatever, fine. If I went to it's
external address, ie 195.31.107.69 or the dyndns
address I set for it, like
www.adamswebserver.dyndns.org then nothing. From
outside of the network I could see the server on the
external addresses, I just couldn't use them inside
the local network.

Those are just example addresses by the way.

> can someone please try the web address above and let
> me know if it timesout please.

Works fine here. I never figured it out, but I never
worried too much about it either.

Dunno chief.

Ad

--