[Wolves] 8MB Broad Band

Peter Evans zen8486 at zen.co.uk
Tue Apr 4 16:30:38 BST 2006

On Tuesday 04 April 2006 15:53, Peter Cannon wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 April 2006 15:38, Kevanf1 wrote:
> > A lot of people are going to find they need to upgrade their
> > modem/router to access the 8mb speed :-(  Whether they can do it via a
> > firmware upgrade or they have to go out and buy a new piece of kit is
> > the question..
>
> Ooh it gets even better we are currently installing CAT6 cable, very
> expensive, so looks like, upgrades here we come :)

The caveat with all of these super-fast options is the usage policy.  My ISP
offered me the opportunity to upgrade to their 8mb offering for free and keep
the same monthly fee.  The only problem - they introduced usage caps.  For
the time being I've chosen to stick to my old fashioned 512mb choice with
unlimited use.  I do wish I'd upgraded to 2mb unlimited before they withdrew
it though :(

Of course if people know of any reasonably priced ISPs that offer unlimited
high-speeds with no minimum tie-in then do let us all know...
--
Regards,

Pete Evans