[Wolves] 8MB Broad Band

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 5 00:23:53 BST 2006

Kevanf1 wrote:

>On 04/04/06, Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Hi All
>>
>>BT have finally released 8MB Broad Band (As of 1st April) it still has that
>>"Get out of jail free" attached *Up to 8MB* but even so, hound your ISP :)
>>

>A lot of people are going to find they need to upgrade their
>modem/router to access the 8mb speed :-(  Whether they can do it via a
>firmware upgrade or they have to go out and buy a new piece of kit is
>the question..

I tried to get an ADSL2 modem from Speedtouch (Thomson) to go with a
wireless access point/router in my son's flat so that Demon couldn't
blame my choice of kit because they sell it themselves. Speedtouch sent
a single-port router instead. It seems fine. http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/
I ordered http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/prod516.asp?menuCurrPos=2.
I think I got http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/prod546.asp?menuCurrPos=2.

Woo