[Wolves] Sharing a printer without a computer

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Wed Apr 5 07:51:53 BST 2006

Is it possible to buy a small device that I can plug into my
(parallel) printer and plug into the network, to allow all my
computers (Windows and Linux) to print to that printer over the
network? At the moment the printer is connected to a (Windows)
computer, and that computer shares the printer with SMB -- I'd like to
not have a big computer do that but instead have a tiny box do it. Is
this possible?

As an extra wrinkle...the printer does not have Linux drivers. I'm
sharing it to Linux machines by having the Windows box export it as a
PostScript printer and then print to it using GhostScript.

--
sil

<Cl0ckwork> i hate it when explorer crashes, losing my system tray,
and irc is minized to it
<slick> I hate when I kick a dog and then the owner see's me and I
have to kill him