[Wolves] Sharing a printer without a computer

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Wed Apr 5 09:31:42 BST 2006

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 08:47, Peter Cannon wrote:

> On Wednesday 05 April 2006 08:17, Stuart Langridge wrote:
> > I assumed there'd be something that did it. :)
> >
> > It's a very good Sharp photocopier and printer that cost me £100 on
> > special offer. I'd like not to have to scrap it if I don't have to...
>
> I would have said a print server too, give me a couple of hours and I'll
> find out what options you have.

Rons right your buggered, you could have run the Windows box as a server with
the print server attached to your network all print requests would go to the
Windows server which would then say "Yep here's the printer on this print
server and by the way here's the drivers too" but in your case its a double
whammy.

1. You want shot of the Windows box (But then you loose the printer)
2. No Linux drivers (Lump of plastic and ink sat in the corner)

Sorry :(

--
Regards
Peter Cannon