[Wolves] Re: Sharing a printer without a computer

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Wed Apr 5 13:47:34 BST 2006

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 13:35, Stuart Langridge wrote:

> Ah, see, I'm not a beggar. I'm quite happy to pay some money for the
> box I need; I just don't know what box I need. I'm not necessarily
> trying to do this on the cheap. :)

I didn't mean begging as in money, more in respect of advice.

I tell you now its not gonna happen. to keep that printer you will need a
Windows box, a print server only serves the printer with an IP address you'll
have to have a DHCP server that can translate the address and service for all
the clients.

If you go down the path of a Micro box that's gonna take up more room than a
laptop maybe not in width and depth but certainly in height which strangely
is normally the clincher that's why a lot of people use desktops with the
monitor plonked on top because they don't have room for towers even mini
towers.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon