[Wolves] Sharing a printer without a computer

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Thu Apr 6 01:35:55 BST 2006

> >As an extra wrinkle...the printer does not have Linux drivers. I'm
> >sharing it to Linux machines by having the Windows box export it as a
> >PostScript printer and then print to it using GhostScript.
> It's late so maybe my brain is running slow but doesn't that mean it is
> a PostScript printer; or is the Windows box converting the PostScript to
> the printer's native language?

That's exactly what it's doing; the "Linux shared printer" actually
uses Ghostscript to interpret the PostScript it's passed and then GS
prints that PostScript to the printer using the Windows printer
driver.

--
sil

<Cl0ckwork> i hate it when explorer crashes, losing my system tray,
and irc is minized to it
<slick> I hate when I kick a dog and then the owner see's me and I
have to kill him