[Wolves] MS tightens the screw

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Fri Apr 7 11:56:17 BST 2006

On Friday 07 April 2006 11:44, Peter Evans wrote:

> More recently, and I have to agree with Pete Cannon here, almost every
> laptop I've seen on TV has been a distinctly identifiable Dell brand.  It's
> far more apparent in American shows.  In most domestic TV programmes they
> appear more careful making 'anonymous' the brands of items seen on screen,
> but I guess it's only a matter of time before we get that too.

It gets worse just watch the news, rows and rows of Dell machines I saw a
report from Scotland Yard the other day the guy was stood by a desk with...
yep a Dell TFT Monitor on it.

The thing is these programs are watched by people who want to be informed the
news is believed so it follows that if you see News at 10 and the Police
using that particular make of equipment the subliminal message is "If they
use it that must be the best, we better get one".

--
Regards
Peter Cannon
Jabber:highwayman.turpin at gmail.com