[Wolves] character stripping

Andy Smith andy at lug.org.uk
Wed Apr 12 12:45:49 BST 2006

On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 11:43:21AM +0100, Peter Cannon wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 April 2006 11:23, Andy Smith wrote:
>
> > Export to CSV and use sed, awk, perl, whatever.
>
> I don't want to write a script! I was hoping there was something out there in
> the big bad world.
>
> Its not as simple as you think, I cant just say "remove all ( or )" as it
> might just be the brackets in the phone field need removing but not in the
> company name, the same can be said for - or . :(

Do you actually know what characters need to be removed from what
columns?

If so, tell us, give us 10 representative rows of CSV data, and I'm
sure some kind soul can spend 10 minutes writing a script that does
it for you.

Then it's up to you what fraction of the cost of
SooperDooperStripper v3.1337 you would like to reward them with. :)

--
http://strugglers.net/wiki/Xen_hosting -- A Xen VPS hosting hobby
Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB