[Wolves] Encyclopaedia on linux

Stuart Langridge sil at kryogenix.org
Tue Apr 18 09:35:57 BST 2006

> Mark Ellse wrote:
> > Does anyone know of any CD-ROM encyclopaedia that works on linux?
>
> Perhaps the best thing would be a web subscription?
> http://www.britannica.com/ is quite a good one.  I would not go down the
> "wikipedia will solve my problem" route yet

If you are prepared to use wikipaedia, then be aware that the
information is downloadable, so it will work offline. I have zbedic on
my PDA with all of the wikipaedia in it; I don't know, though, whether
there's an offline browser for it for PCs.

--
sil

<Cl0ckwork> i hate it when explorer crashes, losing my system tray,
and irc is minized to it
<slick> I hate when I kick a dog and then the owner see's me and I
have to kill him