[Wolves] New Member

Richard Spencer lists at fortnight1.plus.com
Tue Apr 25 21:18:33 BST 2006

In message <36feaa6c0604251233v97a7abif9fdb2cd8d841154 at mail.gmail.com>
          "David Morley" <davmor2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bring along the usb device and we might be able to help out.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't think it's a hardware issue.

The device (micro mp3 player) works fine with 2.4.27 sarge build, but
not with my current custom 2.6.8 (which I want to use for ide CD
burning/alsa and also cos it boots quicker).

I was really after advice about which USB stack(s) (OCHI/ECHI (sp?))
to compile in as core/modules to get it to work. If I could get some
pointers I'd have another go with make gconfig.

I could go the sledgehammer route and compile in everything
USB-related as modules - is this recommended? Or can I list modules
from a working 2.4.27 setup and copy these into the build options? (I
think this is the way I tried to do it but must have missed
something.)

Richard