[Wolves] [JOB] MessageLabs

Barbie barbie at missbarbell.co.uk
Mon Aug 14 14:32:21 BST 2006

Hi folks,

This is a job working in our Protect Team (AntiSpam/AntiVirus), so it's
quite interesting stuff.

If you're interested forward CVs to me and I'll pass them along.

To work in the fast moving Internet security marketplace as a member of
a highly skilled team. Also able to work on individual projects and
through the full project lifecycle.

Essential
* Educated to degree level, in a computer related subject, preferably
  with some commercial application of skills.
* Have a minimum of 2 years experience in Perl across a range of
  applications.
* Interest in and enthusiasm for internals of computing and how things
  work
* Working knowledge of one or more of the following operating systems:
  Linux or Unix.

Desirable
* Experience of implementing Internet based applications
* Working knowledge of C++.
* Knowledge of HTML, XML, technologies.
* Experience of System Administration on Linux/Unix.
* Working knowledge of internet protocols such as HTTP, FTP, TCP/IP,
  SMTP and POP3.
* Knowledge of internet systems, particularly DNS and SSH.
* Knowledge of email systems, particularly MIME and RFC822.
* Knowledge of RPM creation and installation.
* Knowledge of at least one version control system.

Knowledge of Perl would also be very useful.

Barbie.
--
http://birmingham.pm.org
http://www.birmingham2006.com