[Wolves] Basic programming language for linux

Andy Wootton andy.wootton at wyrley.demon.co.uk
Fri Aug 18 01:48:46 BST 2006

On 18 Aug 2006, at 00:08, Andy Wootton wrote:
>> "Yuck! Don't learn BASIC!"
> My first programs were written in MS Basic and 6502 assembler and it
> never did me any harm.
>
> Baz.
...and you could give up GOTOs any time you wanted to? You just don't
want to ;-)

I may  re-learn to program soon. I'm thinking of using either Python or
Ruby because they were designed with object-oriented techniques in mind,
which seem to me a better way of thinking about and modeling real-world
problems.

(Opens can of worms) What about C#? Staffs. Uni. use Java as a first
teaching language now and C# is reputed to be a better Java. Mono C# and
IDE seems to work now and there is good beginner's material on-line.