[Wolves] Nsa using linux

David Goodwin gingerdog at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 09:34:01 BST 2006

> I am part of the SELinux Policy Editor team.  We're trying to make the
> system easier for people to use.  It's a project started by Hitachi and
> still maintained by one of their engineers.

Shane -

I don't know much  about the technical bits of SELinux, but can it be
used in a similar manner to Novell's AppArmour where it has a
'training' mode (i.e. run application under 'normal' circumstances,
record what it does, and then don't let it do anything else in the
future)?

Does anyone use SELinux, aside from a few niche areas? So far, every
time I've seen people try and use SELinux (under RedHat) it causes
$problems, which lead to it being totally disabled - clearly this
isn't an ideal situation, but there seems to be a total lack of
understanding of how to edit/modify/manage it.

(I've not yet personally had any problems with SELinux as I've never
used it, but would like to)

Could you do a talk on SELinux and policies some time in the future?

Thanks
David.

--
David Goodwin