[Wolves] Nsa using linux

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sat Aug 26 10:59:20 BST 2006

On Friday 25 August 2006 15:34, David Goodwin wrote:

> I think you'd change your tune if, for example, someone managed to
> hack into your Linux box but because of SELinux couldn't read
> $important_data - even though they had a root shell.

I did, I was, my boxes both at home and at work are locked down via the
firewall its simple enough just deny everything accept from specific IP's
however I accept that there is a possibility of a script opening something up
thats where monitoring the logs comes in.

However I bow to general opinion maybe SELinux has a place just not for me. :)

> Once you've had enough practice, you'll be able to do it quickly :-P

PRACTICE! its got bollocks all to do with practice! I still haven't got Covide
working I've had 12 attempts 8 of which have been fresh installs I'm at the
stage that I can install Debian and install the App with my eyes shut will it
run? will it bollocks.

Install php5-pgsql? I'd F'ing love too except theres no installable version
for Debian theres only one repo .dotdeb that has php5-pear php5-tidy the
whole thing is a mess. I've emailed the developers did I get  a reply? did I
bollocks they have the cheek to be seeking partners to sell it and apparently
partners get full cooperation I'm not going to partner anything until I've
tested it.

Contrary to my usual self demeaning statements I do have a modicum of skill
but as I've said time and time again I get no fun out of sitting on Google
for four hours trying to make something work, 20 minutes installing and
setting up is more than enough for me I'm interested in using it not pissing
around with it.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon