[Wolves] Nsa using linux

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 26 11:35:58 BST 2006

--- Peter Cannon <peter at cannon-linux.co.uk> wrote:

> PRACTICE! its got bollocks all to do with practice!
> I still haven't got Covide
> working I've had 12 attempts 8 of which have been
> fresh installs I'm at the
> stage that I can install Debian and install the App
> with my eyes shut will it
> run? will it bollocks.
>
> Install php5-pgsql? I'd F'ing love too except theres
> no installable version
> for Debian theres only one repo .dotdeb that has
> php5-pear php5-tidy the
> whole thing is a mess.

Theres not much point in trying to install it on
Debian stable as it's based on PHP4. If Covide says it
needs PHP5 then you need PHP5. I forget if you had
problems on Fedora Core, or even on Ubuntu, but I'm
sure it would run on both.

The alternative would be to move to Debian testing as
you already have Debian. Debian testing is as stable
as everybody else's stable. Simply change the word
'sarge' or 'stable' to 'testing' for every instance in
your /etc/apt/sources.list, then do an apt-get update
and and an apt-get dist-upgrade (note it's
dist-upgrade, not an upgrade you're doing a whole
system upgrade).

PHP5 is in Debian testing. See how you get on from
there.

Ad

(I'm away this weekend, so don't think I'm ignoring
you if you reply ;).

--

http://www.drinky.org.uk

http://blog.adamsweet.org