[Wolves] Acer Laptop and wireless connection

Mo Awkati mawkati at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Aug 27 08:47:27 BST 2006

Hi

I hope someone can help. I installed SUSE 9.2 on my father-in-law's Acer laptop everything is working fine as far as I can tell except the wireless connection.

When I start YAST and then network devices SUSE identifies the network card ok and then I configure it as usuall, ie tell SUSE it is wireless and give it the shared key etc. All this goes through but then it fails to setup networking interface when booting up. I use the same configuration on my IBM laptop and it works fine. the Acer laptop does not detect any wireless connections, well thats what kwifi manager reports.

If I connect through a wired connection it works fine but I have to tell it the NIC is an ethernet type.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers

Mo