[Wolves] Acer Laptop and wireless connection

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Sun Aug 27 09:11:34 BST 2006

On Sunday 27 August 2006 08:47, Mo Awkati wrote:

> When I start YAST and then network devices SUSE identifies the network card
> ok and then I configure it as usuall, ie tell SUSE it is wireless and give
> it the shared key etc. All this goes through but then it fails to setup
> networking interface when booting up. I use the same configuration on my
> IBM laptop and it works fine. the Acer laptop does not detect any wireless
> connections, well thats what kwifi manager reports.

I know nothing about Wifi, don't use it, however does Kwifi manager scan for
networks? I seem to remember having a look at that even tho I didn't have a
wifi card.

Just wondering if the card is working its just it cant find the connection.
There was a chap at the last Lug meeting I attended who's really into wifi I
cant remember his name for the minute but hopefully he'll see your post.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon