[Wolves] Subversion advice required

Adam Sweet drinky76 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 09:17:06 BST 2006

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.2/svn.serverconfig.httpd.html

> /etc/httpd/svnpasswd is a regular htpasswd file with
> -m option for md5 encryption. /srv/svn is
> recursively
> chowned to apache user.
>
> The developers here are using Zend Studio and so
> that
> is what I am using myself in this instance. I can
> commit as myself using Zend and using the
> commandline
> on the server itself but everybody else fails when
> committing, but can checkout, update and revert etc.
>
> We are using the url
> http://server.domain.tld/svn/modulename for
> subversion
> commands. I can commit using other people's
> usernames
> from Zend and the command line, but other people
> still
> can't commit using my username and pass from within
> Zend. When I commit using other usernames, either
> from
> the commandline on the subversion sevre or within
> Zend, Apache still logs the authenticated user as
> me,
> adam.
>
> Apache is not logging a username against the failed
> requests.
>
> We have tried adding in all of the webdav commands
> that were getting failed into the <LimitExcept>
> section so it was as follows (insecure I know):
>
>     <LimitExcept GET CHECKOUT PROPFIND OPTIONS
> REPORT
> PUT PROPPATCH MKACTIVITY MERGE DELETE>
>
> and people's commits appeared to work, but some
> (maybe
> all) changes were not there when other people then
> updated.
>
> This is doing my head in, is anyone able to lead me
> through the mine field? I'd be very grateful.

There are other bits and pieces to this, but if anyone
is able to tell me whether my config looks like it
should work then I'd be happy enough. I know someone
who has said he had problems with Zend, but I want to
eliminate any error on my part.

Thanks,

Ad

--