[Wolves] RE: University of Wolverhampton

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 10:30:43 GMT 2006

Hmmm, guys, I see both of your view points.  I worked at Wolves Uni
until the end of 2000 when I went to Australia - long story and I'm
not saying anymore now ;-)))

What you probably still have at the Uni' is IT Services who loathe and
detest open source and Linux in particular.  Then you have SCIT who
are so far removed from IT Services that they may as well be on
another planet.  It wouldn't be planet GNU but close by.  I suspect
that the OP has come up against the mighty forces of IT Services in
his quest for open source help and co-operation.

Is mad Max Caines still running IT Services?  That man was wild....not
as bad as the guy at main site who used to bring his dog to work and
let it relieve itself al over the place in the labs though :-(  Yes,
that is true.  They tried to sack him numerous times but got into some
serious legal problems because of it.
Don't take it to the tip recycle it via the Freecycle(r) Network.

For a group near to you look here:
Worldwide
http://www.freecycle.org/

United Kingdom