[Wolves] help please can't switch between broadband ISP

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 15:28:36 GMT 2006

On 20/02/06, Bobby Singh <bs_wm at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> OUTLINE
> I have had ntl freedom broadband which was a big
> mistake.  The contract ended in Jan this year.  I
> called 2 months ago in Dec to cancel my contract and
> say i was going to another ISP.
>
> PROBLEM
> Since expire date i have not been able to sign up to
> tiscalli saying my line still had broadband by my
> previous ISP.  I called ntl, they said that i don't.
> I called back tiscalli and cycle repeated.  I called
> to complain to ntl last Tuesday on the 18th.  They
> said my line would be ready this Saturday and that it
> should have happened sooner and they had forgot to
> remove an 'adsl tag'.  When i called 2 months ago they
> did not give me a MAC number and can't give me one
> now.
> Tried again on Saturday no result.  So called ntl
> again and they said defiantly by next week (blaming BT
> order time but i called 2 months and its been a month
> since cancellation of contract).  This has happened
> about 5 times and i think they are messing me about.
>
> SIDE POINT
> Having looked into this ntl should of had my adsl tag
> removed in days not a month.  I called 2 months to
> cancel and its been over month since cancellation.  I
> can not get any broadband at all for over a month
> putting me in a lot of bother and difficulty.
>
> WHAT CAN I DO
> Is there anything i can do?  Have they broken any
> consumer laws any compensation?.  I am sending of a
> letter today and contact ofcom (they have not signed
> up).
>
> Thank You
>
> Bobby

Pop along and see Trading Standards.  They are probably located in the
Civic Centre near to the University in the city centre.  I suspect
that you have done all the right things already though.
Xmas may be over but,  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay