[Wolves] OT: Freeview and the WV postcode

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 16:05:45 GMT 2006

On 10/01/06, Re-LoaD <reload at brum2600.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>     its all to do with the transmitter you are pointing your antenna at from
> wolves you can point to Sutton Coldfield or the Wrekin.
>
> the antenna you should use is matched to the frequency of the transmitter
> see :
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/analogue_tv/anatv_aerials.shtml
>
> and :
> http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/tx_m.html
>
> for transmitter info..
>
> hth
> Re-LoaD

Wrekin aerials should have a yellow cap on then somewhere behind the
element array.  It may be a cap over the cable connector or perhaps a
plastic guard over the reflector.  I don't know (can't remember) what
colour the Sutton one is though, sorry.  It's a quick and easy way of
IDing where you get your signal from.  But..... you'll get a signal
using either just not as good if it isn't properly matched.

Xmas may be over but,  PLEASE DON'T drink and drive you'll make it to
the next one that way.
Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay