[Wolves] So who pinched it then?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Jul 4 16:43:49 BST 2006

Hi All

After my excruciatingly slow test drive of the SuSE 10.1 Live DVD I
thought I'd give it another chance under VMWare (Still too scared to let
it near my 10.0)The install was pretty slick and it runs much quicker as
an install than the DVD. I like the additional logon options, if you run
a Windows network just pop in your log-on details and SuSE will do the rest.

Anyway getting to the point, SuSE 10.1 has exactly the same update
program/applet that Ubuntu has!!!!

I thought I recognised the globe on the panel I clicked on it expecting
to get "Please give root password" but no it asked if I wanted to be
added to the allowed users list, course I do, after adding me I can now
update as a regular using with exactly the same interface as Ubuntu.

So who pinched it then SuSE or Ubuntu?

--
Regards

Peter Cannon