[Wolves] Ubuntu Live CD fails to boot

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 10:00:26 BST 2006

When you say it 'corrupts' CD-Rs, how exactly does it do this?  When
you burn them or do you mean it is corrupting a ready burned disk?
Have you tried any other DVDs in it?  Is it by any chance dual
booting?  If so, you could always bite the bullet and try a Windows
oriented DVD, something like film or an ecyclopaedia disk.  Just to
see if it reads that.

Next, have you tried cleaning the drive?  I mean with one of those CDs
that has about half a dozen little brushes underneath especially for
cleaning the lens.

Finally, have you thought of upgrading the firmware for the drive?
This last one is a bit of a bugger because 9 times out of 10 the
update will only run in a Microsoft environment :-(  But, this got me
out of major problem with a DVD writer a few weeks ago.  It would only
read DVDs not CDs.  One firmware upgrade later and it was fine.

Kevan Farmer

Linux user #373362

Cheslyn Hay
Staffordshire