[Wolves] SuSE patch management?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 15:21:11 BST 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 14:57, Lee Parkes wrote:

> Hi,
> Is there a 'quick' way of doing patch management and updating patches in
> SuSE 10.x? Is that something that YaST does?

Yes, but its actually 'YOU' (Yast Online Update) you can also set it to Auto
YOU if you wish this will update all the critical/security bits you can keep
everything cutting edge/up to date via Yast.

You'll need to add some sources, select one app that's installed, right click,
select 'update all' (something like that anyway) be careful I stuffed my
system using that method better to select individual packages and update them
one by one.

I'll find the explanation link in a minute.
--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing