[Wolves] SuSE patch management?

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 17:22:14 BST 2006

On Tuesday 11 July 2006 16:46, Simon Morris wrote:

> You have "Online Update Setup" and "Online Update Configuration" which
> do separate things... Why can't it be as easy as "apt-get update;
> apt-get upgrade"

Sorry for the double post just re-read your mail and wanted to take issue with
the above.

In fact IMO while I really really like apt those commands are pants,
#apt-get update just refreshes the database
#apt-get upgrade gives the actual updates
#Y

Thinking about it SuSE/YOU does it better as clicking on YOU or issue the
command #you will not only refresh but give you the list of available so with
YOU your getting two actions for one command.

--
Regards
Peter Cannon

"There is every excuse for not knowing