[Wolves] LRL2006 - thankyou, thankyou, thankyou & a pitch

Alex Willmer Alex at moreati.org.uk
Sun Jul 23 23:55:07 BST 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 21:10 +0100, Ron Wellsted wrote:
> my photos from LRL2006.
>
> https://wellsted.dyndns.org//gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=4047&g2_navId=x9e3d4210

Before the day finishes, thankyou to Adam, Ade, Aq, Dave, Jono, Kat,
Matt, Ron and everyone who helped make this such a fantastic weekend.

Finally, I caught the end of tonight's Top Gear - the format is similar
to LRL. An idea for promoting Linux & the Open Source community struck
me: LUG TV.

If Ade, Aq, Jono & Matt are up for it; we should campaign for a national
prime time television show based on LUG Radio. Features to possibly
include:
- Star with a reasonable licensed OS.
- Reviews of the latest releases, but in picturesque/foreign
countryside.
- Retrospectives on software classics (OS/2 etc) whenever they're
desupported.
- (Scrapping the barrel) zany tests, such as 'Despite the EULA, can
Windows 95 be used to run a nuclear reactor?

Possibly I'm still in super-positive group-think/cult mode, but I'm
really fired up about this.

Once again, thankyou.
Alex